Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Cold Afternoon


 
            Bingham Creek Trails is what I call this beautiful place. At the base of the South Olympic Mts. 





A cold afternoon, clouds have rolled in, and the temperature is in the low 30's.  Thankfully I plugged my truck in, and she started right up on the first turn.  Shot down to the barn, hooked up the trailer, grabbed a pony, Butters and Trav, and off down the road we went.  


   At the parking area there was only one other trailer besides me, but while I was tacking up Laura Bond Team#1 came in. She was waiting for Amy Durga Team#2,  and Ann Szolas Team#10. The crazy, fun lovin' trio below.  :) 



I finished tacking up and headed out, being I was on a mission to ride to the trail section that I had ridden with Barb Paris Team#41 and Tom, her riding sidekick.  :)   



  Barb, Tom and I rode back in October, and we rode 13 + miles but the days were much longer, and we did some exploring and marking way points for mapping purposes.  


In my haste, to get on the trail I forgot to turn my GPS on till after I had left the trailer, but I think I only lost about 4/10th of a mile, no biggy. 

January 3 ride ~ Total miles 11.48

I got back to the truck at approximately 3:55 pm, it wasn't snowing but it felt like it should be, the other girls got back just a few minutes before me, and said they had got word it was snowing down in the valley and it was sticking.  So we all put a move on it, got loaded up and headed on home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment